Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

10/18/2013 - Missed Opportunity


  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #141

    III111III

    why not 6. rook f8?

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #142

    MrAwesomeness12

    Kings_Landing wrote:
     

    The second puzzle:

    NOT A MATE IN TWO.

    black can check you :)

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #143

    chessgrandmaster564

    What about 1. Rxe5

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #144

    HyperPeanuts

    easy

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #145

    carlosmadura

    good

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #146

    masterlegendkasparov

    222 easy

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #147

    cmscool

    what about Rxf6

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #148

    eaglewatch88

    Bryan681972 wrote:
    eaglewatch88 wrote:
    Kings_Landing wrote:
     

    Hallo "kings_Landing" : nice puzzles , in your second puzzle after white played kd6 , what if black plays kb6 instead of Bxb1. Is still a mate in 2 possible??

    Yes.  2. Bc2# because it is a discovered check, and 2...Bxb1 is prevented.

    nice one!! thought abt the discovered check but dint see Bc2 to prevent the bishop taking the rook....this is perfect!! cheers.

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #149

    ReyRambler1960

    Smile

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #150

    BryanCFB

    MrAwesomeness12 wrote:
    Kings_Landing wrote:
     

    The second puzzle:

    NOT A MATE IN TWO.

    black can check you :)

    Yes, but white can respond to either check with discovered check and mate on move two.

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #151

    BryanCFB

    chessgrandmaster564 wrote:

    What about 1. Rxe5

    ? - Do you mean 1. Rxf6?

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #152

    MrSpriteSir

    This is not solved. What about Kh8?

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #153

    BryanCFB

    MrSpriteSir wrote:

    This is not solved. What about Kh8?

    The puzzle is solved, but to answer your question, if 7...Kh8 then 8. Qxg7#.

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #154

    rokyblade

    very nice

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #155

    Ocky

    OK

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #156

    Iceman1hu

    Instead of winning the Queen, the real opportunity is Mate in 9:

    1. Bg7+ Bxg7 2. Qh5+ Kg8 3. Bd5+ e6 4. Bxe6+ Nf7 5.Qxf7+! Kh7 6. Qh5+ Bh6 7. Rf7+ Kh8 8. Qxh6+ Kg8 9.Rf1#

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #157

    BryanCFB

    Iceman1hu wrote:

    Instead of winning the Queen, the real opportunity is Mate in 9:

    1. Bg7+ Bxg7 2. Qh5+ Kg8 3. Bd5+ e6 4. Bxe6+ Nf7 5.Qxf7+! Kh7 6. Qh5+ Bh6 7. Rf7+ Kh8 8. Qxh6+ Kg8 9.Rf1#

    Wouldn't the puzzle solution be better though, because not only does it win the queen, but it mates one move quicker???

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #158

    aztecvic

    I haven't seen if anybody got mate in 6.  The puzzle went as normal, but would not let me make (what would be) my last move; as follows:
    1.  Bg7+  Bxg7
    2.  Qh5+  Kg8
    3.  Bd5+  e6
    4.  Bxe6+ Nf7
    5.  Rxf7  Qe8(?)
    6.  Rf8 # (with a double check, and no where to go).
      the rook move checks the king, blocks the black queen, and discovers check by the bishop.

    Aztecvic

  • hace 23 meses · Citar · #159

    BryanCFB

    aztecvic wrote:

    I haven't seen if anybody got mate in 6.  The puzzle went as normal, but would not let me make (what would be) my last move; as follows:
    1.  Bg7+  Bxg7
    2.  Qh5+  Kg8
    3.  Bd5+  e6
    4.  Bxe6+ Nf7
    5.  Rxf7  Qe8(?)
    6.  Rf8 # (with a double check, and no where to go).
      the rook move checks the king, blocks the black queen, and discovers check by the bishop.

    Aztecvic

    What about the simple black response 6...Kxf8?


Volver al principio

Publique su respuesta: